Location: Gloucester, MA
Work Schedule: Full time, Monday-Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Date Available: Immediately
REMSA Inc. (http://www.remsainc.com) is seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and results-oriented Environmental Technician to fill an immediate opening in Gloucester, MA. Candidates should be familiar with the fisheries’ data collection and reporting procedures and systems set forth by as required of the industry by state, federal, and private mandates for the Northeast US region. Candidates must have environmental supervisory or management experience. The successful candidate is responsible for the delivery of technically sound products that meet the customers’ expectations, on time and on/under budget and will assist in the monitoring of commercially important fish and shellfish species. Prior experience working with the Northeastern fishing industry is desirable. Prior experience performing data quality audits and management tasks is essential.
The successful candidate will serve in a project support role, onsite for our client; act as the Project Manager and the primary point of contact between the client, Company, and contract employees; manage and staff projects; and work with the NMFS/GARFO/APSD Industry Data Investigations (IDI) Quality Assurance (QA) team performing reconciliation tasks. The successful candidate will perform tasks consisting of various Quality Control (QC) activities that are associated with data auditing and identifying corrections needed for both current and historical industry datasets. Performance of the above duties requires a variety of skill sets including knowledge of the industry and industry related terms, a high level of data mining/indexing experience, ability to write scripts in SQL, effective communication, problem-solving, conflict resolution, and knowledge of data reporting procedures. The IDIQ team is responsible for translating data comparison requests, from the fishing industry or source streams (dealers, vessels, industry managers, observer, and vessel monitoring system submitted data) to standard data reports/responses. The team achieves these goals by reviewing, auditing, and indexing previously submitted fisheries data as well as performing side by side verifications, from multiple data sets.
Duties in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Organize, coordinate, direct, and oversee all aspects of the program.
- Provide regular and interim project status reporting.
- Provide plans and schedules, assign overall tasking, review project discrepancies, and determine and enforce standards.
- Communicate project goals and objectives and the company policies to subordinate personnel.
- Approve employee time-sheets, leave requests, monitor work schedules, and work with Human Resource to enforce policy standards.
- Complete initial and annual employee reviews.
- Attend client staff meetings.
- Prepare data for upload and processing through the designated databases. The task includes auditing for completeness and accuracy, coding for proper entry for data not submitted on standard forms, and organization of data to follow standard procedures.
- Communicate deficiencies to the proper management personnel.
- Write and run scripts in SQL to pull data based on specific parameters provided by the client.
- Perform Data entries and upload data into the client’s designated database for review.
- Manually input the desired parameters into the database in an efficient manner being careful that translation from the original form is accurate.
- Prepare data requests for review and response.
- Investigate multiple datasets in response to the data requests.
- Audit and submit data entered to ensure accuracy and completeness on a regularly scheduled basis for review.
- Perform QA/QC (Quality Assurance and Quality Control).
- Complete bi-weekly progress reports detailing current information on progress towards specific goals.
- Document results of the data investigation to an online system.
- Follow-up to ensure all identified corrections are made to the appropriate source streams and close out issues.
- Receive and process incoming mail; open, sort, organize and distribute to the proper personnel on a daily basis and in a timely fashion.
- Work as a solitary investigator or as part of a team.
Pass a background screening and receive security clearance due to the sensitive nature of this position.
Must be a U.S. citizen or authorized to work in the U.S
*Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Marine Biology/ Fisheries/Marine Science/Science/Biology or related field and 5-10 years of related environmental supervisory or management experience in a similar role processing and manipulation of a high volume of data.
Familiarity with Atlantic groundfish species is preferred.
- Familiarity with Oracle-based programs and applications.
- Extensive experience in writing and editing SQL scripts.
- Database management skills.
- Capability to work as a member of a team to achieve common goals.
- Knowledge of fishing industry including equipment used and marine species is desirable.
- Knowledge of databases and the ability to manage and manipulate data. MS Access/Excel is a must, advanced programs are preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral.
- Attention to detail.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to accurately record and audit data as well as provide QA/QC.
- Computer skills including MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Flexibility to take on a variety of tasks based on the workload and needs of the team.
- Time Management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills are imperative.
- Ability to meet/exceed tight deadlines and adapt to the changing demands of the project.
- Proficiency and speed in data entry/typing skills are required.
- Ability to learn and follow very precise job protocols.
Full-time position with wages based on experience.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, vacation accrual, and sick leave, 401(k), and tuition and professional reimbursement.
***Incomplete Submissions will not be considered***
- In your resume, be sure to include all relevant experience, education, and skills.
- Please provide a cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position and your salary requirements.
- Have at least three professional references available to be contacted at a later date.
Provide a copy of your Education transcripts for review.
Please submit materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX to 757.722.4571 Please refer to position title in responses.
No calls or additional emails, PLEASE!
Application Deadline: Until filled
REMSA, INC. (www.remsainc.com) is a professional services firm that provides:
- Environmental Science and Engineering Services
- Technical Support, and
- Information Management Services
to government and commercial clients since 1986. The services delivered consistently represent the latest in technology and compliance with client specifications. The firm executes its strategic plans in the framework of a balanced business model that gives the leaders of individual business units’ great operational flexibility allowing our business units to stay close and responsive to changing customer needs and opportunities. This flexibility allows the business units to be self – sustaining thus allowing better capability to deliver products and services based on cost, schedule, and performance.
When you join our team, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with co-workers in an environment that is diverse, respectful and caring. We understand that it takes unique perspectives and diverse talents to engage in the challenges the workforce faces today. As a result, it is important that our employees are allowed the flexibility to share their perspectives, creative solutions, experiences and insights amongst the team and with many clients in and out of our market. Our company thrives on employees that have the skills and knowledge that allows them to connect the organization’s mission to outside entities geared to support and protect the environment.
*REMSA Inc. Supports a Drug-Free Work Place
*Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/ Veterans and individuals with Disabilities.
Company Website: remsainc.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)