Location: Chesapeake Tunnel Joint Venture – CBBT Parallel Thimble Shoal Tunnel Project, Virginia Beach, VA
Schedule: 6AM-3PM Monday-Friday (Some weekends as required)
Salary-Commensurate with experience
Start Date: Immediately
REMSA, Inc. (www.remsainc.com) is always eager to add new talent to our team of dedicated professionals. We currently have an immediate opportunity for an Environmental Manager/Project Manager to perform work on a major project (Chesapeake Tunnel Joint Venture) in Virginia Beach, VA for one of our clients. The ideal candidate is ambitious, confident, conscientious, and a self-starter. The Environmental Manager will be responsible for the client's overall environmental performance, coordination of the professional environmental team, and the production of technically proficient projects within budget and on schedule.
The Environmental Manager/Project Manager will serve as the primary point of contact for the overall environmental performance of the project and work closely with the client's management team, environmental professionals and contractors to ensure the project complies with legal requirements, especially public health and safety.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate the environmental testing of structures and earthwork.
- Comply with the local, state and federal environmental regulations.
- Educate environmental professionals and contract workers on environmental programs and policies.
- Monitor and respond to inquiries and concerns related to EMS (Environmental Management system).
- Direct public relations activities, communication, and education plans involving environmental issues.
- Attend internal and external meetings and discuss environmental issues, findings and or concerns as required.
- Perform regular environmental audits to monitor emissions, contamination and damages.
- Generate environmental reports and maintain permits as per regulatory guidelines.
- Develop effective environmental strategies to reduce contamination.
- Review and recommend improvements to existing environmental strategies.
- Investigate environmental incidents, develop action plans, and follow-up to ensure compliance.
- Oversee pollution control programs and develop waste treatment and recycling procedures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the client's environmental policies and procedures.
- Perform environmental research and prepare research reports to management.
- Develop budget and timelines for environmental operations and develop cost reduction initiatives while still maintaining quality.
- Provide training and assistance to team members when required.
- Research and stay updated with environmental trends and legislation.
- Conduct offsite visits to project locations and perform QA/QC as required.
US Citizen or authorized to work in the U.S without sponsorship or restrictions
Valid Driver's License and favorable driving record
Favorable background and drug screening
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Environmental Science, Environmental/Civil Engineering, Applied Science, Biology or equivalent field.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 8 years experience in an advanced supervisory position in the environmental, engineering or construction field and/or on projects of similar size and nature.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of environmental and regulatory processes, and the delivery of transportation projects as it relates to the local, state, and federal government guidelines.
- General knowledge of construction (tunnel, bridge, and highway design) and the project development process.
- Proven management skills with the ability to effectively manage, motivate and lead a complex, integrated and functionally diverse group of environmental professionals, support services and staff (including but not limited to budget management and procurement for environmental work).
- Experience with local permitting is required.
- Water quality monitoring knowledge, strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Prior experience working with public clients including municipalities and authorities as well as private sector clients
- Prior experience preparing environmental assessment reports.
- Sound mathematical and scientific skills.
- The ability to think methodically and manage multiple projects.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets.
- Ability to travel to different project locations state-wide when required.
Salary position with Benefits (Health, life, and disability insurance, vacation accrual leave, 401k w/ matching, and professional and tuition reimbursement).
Interested applicants should send the following application materials:
- Detailed resume documenting all relevant experience, education, skills, and the required Certifications for this position.
- A cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position and salary requirements.
- Must have at least three professional references available to be contacted at a later date.
Email additional application material (pdf. files or MS Word compatible format) email@example.com or FAX to 757.722.4571
Be sure to refer to position title in responses. Please no phone calls or additional emails
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Application deadline: UNTIL FILLED
REMSA, INC. (www.remsainc.com) is a professional services firm that provides:
- Environmental Science and Engineering Services
- Technical Support, and
- Information Management Services
to government and commercial clients since 1986. The services delivered consistently represent the latest in technology and compliance with client specifications. The firm executes its strategic plans in the framework of a balanced business model that gives the leaders of individual business units’ great operational flexibility allowing our business units to stay close and responsive to changing customer needs and opportunities. This flexibility allows the business units to be self – sustaining thus allowing better capability to deliver products and services based on cost, schedule, and performance.
When you join our team, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with co-workers in an environment that is diverse, respectful and caring. We understand that it takes unique perspectives and diverse talents to engage in the challenges the workforce faces today. As a result, it is important that our employees are allowed the flexibility to share their perspectives, creative solutions, experiences and insights amongst the team and with many clients in and out of our market. Our company thrives on employees that have the skills and knowledge that allows them to connect the organization’s mission to outside entities geared to support and protect the environment.
*REMSA Inc. Supports a Drug-Free Work Place
*Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/ Veterans and individuals with Disabilities.
Company Website: remsainc.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)